I'm Genevieve Roja and the name of my company is Lily Spruce. We are a boutique, event planning firm in San Francisco. Founded in 2009, we provide a la carte design and decor services; consultation; month-of/day-of planning and full planning for all social events, but most especially for weddings.
We love you all
Creative types, non-profits, baked goods lovers, at-home cooks, Type A’s, romantics, academics, social change agents, style-setters, dreamers, interior design nerds, academics, Francophiles, techies, tomboys, mid-century furniture fans, design geeks, architects, vinyl collectors, artists, makers and live music goers, seek us out when they want:
• one-of-a kind, non-cookie cutter custom event
• a community-oriented, homegrown feel
• rustic elegance
• urban glam
• tried and trusted vendor recommendations
• authentic, intimate gatherings
• notice-me design details
• calm, collaborative leadership
• someone else to manage the big and small details
What you’ll get working with us
• an experienced master planner and design aesthete with over 10 years in special events and 8 years in weddings with founder/CEO Genevieve
• a seasoned team of senior coordinators with backgrounds in weddings, event management and hospitality
• online tools and resources to kick off and sustain the event planning journey
• true vision and execution: from paper to venue to event day
• quick, responsive communication
• crisis management and triage for when you need it most
• someone who will be the main point of contact on the day of your wedding, and in the months before it (so you don’t have to be)
• peace of mind and all the fun of wedding day (yes, planning can be FUN!)
We bring our own event toolkits with things like fishing line, door stops, long lighters, Tide pens, and more. We’ve played emcee in an emergency (but will always leave this to the pros). We’ve taken keys away from inebriated guests. We’ve even coordinated a company to deliver a piano for a single-day event to an almost three-story walkup. Our portfolio has included an event as small as a 40-person wedding, to a 400-person, non-profit fundraiser, up to a 10,000-person street festival. We can say with confidence that we are equipped to handle it all.
What our clients invest in is our professional know-how and best practices, our ability to be proactive and reactive, and to shoulder the stress and the worry. No more of that “what am I forgetting?” business. We’ll be the ones to remind and remember for you. We get it: you’re new at this. Hiring us means you’ve got a point person you trust to make sure vendors are doing their job, that everything runs smoothly, that fires are smothered, guests are taken care of, and all you have to do is relax, enjoy and celebrate what you’ve helped envision and create.
• Even in planning, we always want you to have fun and enjoy the experience.
• Trust that we’re the experts, and we’ll guide you wherever you need to go. Let go, and let US.
• We are a team. Your team. We also always play well with others, especially all of our clients’ vendors. We smile, we thank, we go out of our way.
• We consistently deliver the highest customer service. No task is too small, no ask too big. We play to win, for you.
• Everyone matters. We don’t just take care of the couple, but their wedding party, relatives and guests.
Nhuanh (pronounced "new-AWN") has been on the Lily Spruce team since 2010. She takes great joy in creating meaningful spaces to celebrate love and connection,...Read more
For 10 years, Koryn has planned and coordinated weddings on a contract basis. She also has experience planning and creating not-for-profit fundraisers and focus groups,...Read more
A new member to the Lily Spruce team, Jackie has always had a passion for event planning and DIY projects. She loves working on weddings...Read more
If you want to actually enjoy your wedding (or, really, any event you're planning), HIRE LILY SPRUCE. We used Genevieve and her team for our wedding coordination and it was worth every penny. -- Beth S., bride
We are preferred event planners for these venues
Venues we've worked at
Mayacamas Ranch * Chateau St. Julien * Muckenthaler Mansion * The Farm at Putah Creek * First Presbyterian Church (Sausalito) * The White Barn (Glen Ellen) * Corinthian Yacht Club (Tiburon) * Healdsburg Country Gardens * Sutro Heights Park * Log Cabin * Presidio Yacht Club * Golden Gate Club (SF) * Pacheco Ranch Winery * Trentadue Winery * San Francisco City Hall * Point Reyes Seashore Lodge * Alameda Officers Club * Krug Winery * St. Ignatius Church * Cavallo Point * Pacifica State Beach * Pacifica Community Center * Chapel of Our Lady * Campbell Hall * Fort Mason General’s Residence * Presidio Bowl * Aquarium of the Bay * The Holly Farm * InterContinental Hotel (San Francisco) * Church of the Visitacion * San Francisco Spirit (yacht) * Waterbar Restaurant * Rengstorff House * Brazilian Room at Tilden Park * Trucadero Clubhouse and Grove (SF) * Mather Grove at UC Berkeley Botanical Garden * San Francisco Zoo * San Francisco Film Centre * Mission Amphitheater (San Francisco) * Bluxome Winery (San Francisco) * Ardenwood Historic Farm (Fremont) * Julia Morgan Ballroom (SF) * The Winery SF * Firehouse 8 * Shakespeare Garden (SF) * Lafayette Park (SF) * Social Kitchen & Brewery (SF restaurant) * Winery SF (Treasure Island) * Lake Temescal Beach House (Oakland) * Ventana Inn (Big Sur) * Great American Music Hall (SF) * Beltane Ranch (Glen Ellen) * Mill Valley Outdoor Art Club * Old Mill Park (Mill Valley) * Inn at Park Winters (Winters) * Terrain Ruisseau (Winters) * Observation Post (SF) * Officer's Club/Moraga Ballroom (SF) * The Lost Church (SF) * Aventine (SF) * San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers * Bloomfield Farms (Petaluma) * de Young Museum (SF) * The Box (SF) * Villa Chanticleer (Healdsburg) * Coup D'Etat (SF) * Los Altos History Museum * Campanile + Pauley Ballroom at UC Berkeley * Wild Iris Retreat Center (Philo)