Yes. Of all the milestone events in your life, your special event, especially if it is your wedding day is not the place to gamble. You need a professional in the ring. After all, you want to be the V.I.P., not the harried go-to person for all manner of trivia. Let us do all the thinking and planning with you so that you can properly enjoy your party and the company of your special guests. Count on us to bring your grand vision to complete fruition.
Here is a snapshot of the many things we’ll be taking off your plate:
• Delegate tasks on wedding day
• Build a day of timeline that reflects all the wedding participants: officiant, vendors, etc
• Know how many tables and chairs to order and which kinds
• Plan the physical space to accommodate all your guests that includes sketching and sending these floor plans to your venue and vendors
• Designate someone to set up all your lovely design details that you’ve worked so hard on for months
• Have a plan for all the decor you’ve purchased, and a plan to break them down and make sure they make it back to you
• Sign off on the correct rental equipment
• Have a Plan B in case of bad weather
• Deal with difficult and challenging vendors
• Disperse tips to all your vendors
• Ensure your vendors eat on wedding day and tabulate their food restrictions with the caterer
• E-mail and phone your vendors to confirm their correct arrival times, equipment for the venue and other needs
Additionally, a venue manager is not going to be looking out for your best interests--they're taking care of their venue, its security, wear, and tear.
Neither is a catering manager, who is more concerned with getting the meal counts, selections, layout and everything related to food service.
However, as your planning team, we are interested in making sure you are getting exactly what you need and want. We hold your vision and blueprint for the day.
Finally a quick intro to terms:
Coordinator= Someone who coordinates aspects of planning during the planning process (usually what you get in our Silver package)
Planner=Someone who plans from the get-go, from the very beginning stage all through the very end
And yes, we are both, depending on the package you select.